Dr. Thomas Gordon’s Parent Effectiveness Training (P.E.T.) class is the pioneering program that has helped millions of parents around the world.
Whether you’re the parent of a toddler or a teenager, you know that parenting can be challenging – even overwhelming at times. Unfortunately, children don’t come with an instruction manual.
Parent Effectiveness Training (P.E.T.) offers proven and effective communication skills that really work. When they use these skills, parents are amazed with the dramatic improvement both in their families and in all their relationships.
This program was created by award-winning psychologist and three-time Nobel Peace Prize Nominee, Dr. Thomas Gordon in 1962. A major revision of the P.E.T. program was completed in July, 2006 with up-to-date examples, new content and more.
You, too, can learn these communication and conflict resolution skills through
How you and your family will benefit
- Your children will feel free to discuss their problems and concerns with you instead of withdrawing.
- They will learn self-discipline, self-control and an inner sense of personal responsibility.
- You will learn how to work with each other instead of against each other.
- You’ll experience fewer angry outbursts and more problem-solving.
- Fewer power struggles–less tension, less resentment, more fun, more peace, more love.
What you will learn
- How to talk to your children so that they will listen to you.
- How to listen to your children so they feel genuinely understood.
- How to resolve conflicts and problems in your family so that no one loses and problems stay solved.
- A method for troubleshooting family problems and knowing which skills to use to solve them.
How the program works
P.E.T. is a 24-hour program, divided into 8 sessions (3 hours each) with 2 additional sessions of practice, designed to involve 8 to 15 participants very actively in their own learning.
This intensive proven program is taught only by instructors certified by Gordon Training International (GTI).
The P.E.T. class consists of brief lectures, demonstrations, workbook exercises, role-playing, some homework and small group discussion.
All the content, key concepts & visuals will be in English and Arabic, but the interaction and the verbal communication will be in Arabic.
Dates & Cost
Group 1: Every Tuesday starting Dec 5th until Feb 20th from 5:30pm to 8:30pm
Group 2: Every Wednesday starting Dec 6th until Feb 21th from 9am to 12pm
10 sessions, 30 hours of training and practice for ONLY 200USD!
Full amount (USD 200) to be settled at our offices in Fanar, before the start of the training to guarantee your place.
Early registration before November 29th to benefit from 15% deduction (USD 170 instead of USD 200)
What you will get
A signed certificate of participation from Gordon Training Institute (USA)
A credo signed by Dr. Thomas Gordon
A workbook to be used during the training (in English)
P.E.T., Parent Effectiveness Training book (in English)
For registration, contact himaya on:
71702316 / email@example.com