Halloween is around the corner, and we have this amazing recipe from Annabel Karmel just in time for trick and treating.
Have a Spooktacular Halloween. Don’t forget to tag us with your pictures!
Prep: 30 minutes
Cook: 20-25 minutes
Makes: 12 cupcakes
225g plain flour
1 tbsp baking powder
125g butter softened
125g caster sugar
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
125g pumpkin, peeled and grated
1 tub ready-made buttercream
Orange food colouring
Chocolate flavoured Writing icing
150g ready to roll white icing
Green food colouring
Brown food colouring
- Preheat the oven to 180C Fan. Line a 12 hole muffin tin with muffin cases.
- Measure all of the ingredients into a free standing electric mixer. Whisk until blended. Spoon into the cases.
- Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes until well risen and lightly golden on top.
- Remove the muffins from the muffin tin and leave on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile colour two thirds of the ready to roll icing green and two thirds brown. Roll out the green icing and shape into 12 leaves, use a toothpick to draw the veins on the leaves. Shape the brown icing into 12 stalks.
- Colour the buttercream orange and spread the icing over the cupcakes.
- Decorate with eyes, noses and mouths using the chocolate flavoured writing icing and then add the leaves and stalks to the pumpkins.